Additionally, India is one of the countries with the highest rate of depression, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder in the world according WHO data in 2016. A Phenomenon like suicide doesn't exist in isolation and is often accompanied and triggered by mental disorders of this kind.
If these numbers weren't dismal enough, there's more of the people suffering with depression globally, only half of them seek treatment.
Average suicide rate in India is 10.9 for every lakh of population and majority of them are below 44 years of age.
Half of the mental health conditions start by the age of 14 yrs and most of the cases are undetected and untreated.
People don't want to talk about it as they do for other diseases out of social stigma...but does avoiding it cures it??? Definitely not!
Do you know depression can also lead to death if it gets worst!
1. Mood- anxiety, guilt,hopelessness, loss of interest or pleasure in activities.
2. Sleep- excess sleepiness, early awakening, insomnia
3. Whole body- excess hunger, fatigue, loss of apatite, restlessness
4. Behavioural- excessive crying, agitation
5. Cognitive- lack of concentration, thoughts of suicide, slowness in activity.
6. Weight- weight gain or loss
TCM patterns for depression:
66% of the cases, LR qi stagnation.
34% cases, Sp qi deficiency
18% cases, K qi deficiency
After taking the proper history of the patient and diagnosing the TCM pattern, treatment is started and the results are simply amazing!
Patient usually get to see the changes from as early as 7 sittings and the duration of treatment depends upon the severity and chronicity of the depression.